Associazione Culturale TKE is calling for pieces to be performed at the “Risuonanze 2016 – incontri di nuove musiche” Festival, which will take place early June, 2016, in Friuli Venezia Giulia region – Italy.
- The Call is open to composers of any nationality and age.
- The submitted works should not have been premiered in any public performance in Italy; if selected, these works will be presented as “world premieres” or “Italian premieres”.
- All music performed in the Festival will be radio-broadcast and professionally recorded; composers will be given a copy of the recording of their works.
- 15 Euros (non-refundable) must be payed via bank transfer or PayPal as a donation for contribution to costs; this amount allows to submit 1 to 5 different works.
- Festival “Risuonanze 2016” is based on the direct relationship between composers and audience, so composers attending the performances are much appreciated. In that case, there is no refund for travel and lodging fees.
- Associazione Culturale TKE may select one or more pieces in each category; it may also decide not to choose any composition.
Submission deadline: February 22nd, 2016
- Works written for:
a) UNACCOMPANIED: solo piano, or solo violin, or solo flute [C and/or Piccolo and/or G Alto flute], or solo trombone, or solo voice [mezzo-soprano, range: F3 to F5 (piano dynamics) or Ab5 (forte dynamics)]
b) DUOS: voice [mezzo-soprano, range as before] and piano, or two flutes [both doubling piccolo, one of them also doubling G Alto flute], or two violins, or flute [C] and piano
- Regarding vocal works, the text should be in the public domain, otherwise the composer should be authorized for its utilization
- Works from 1 to 6 minutes in duration
- All submitted works must be “world premieres” or “Italian premieres” in the Festival
- Submissions via email only
- Each submission consists in:
a) one to five scores
b) payment proof 15 Euros (bank transfer: IBAN IT58P0634067684510701023136, BIC/SWIFT IBSPIT2U, beneficiary: Associazione culturale TKE, or Pay Pal: please see the Risuonanze website – as description of payment please write “Call for Scores Risuonanze 2016”)
c) a short biography (200 words max.)
- The scores must be attached as PDF files
- The biography (in Italian or English) must be pasted as text in the body of the email, together with first name, last name, date of birth and nationality
- The payment proof (bank transfer or PayPal) must be attached as PDF file
- In the body of the email, please specify whether the pieces, if selected, should be presented as “world premiere” or “Italian premiere”
- Send the submission via email to email@example.com
The results will be announced not later than April 25th, 2016 on the Risuonanze website, and composers of the accepted works will be notified by email.
For any further information, please visit: http://www.risuonanze.it/calls/call.html or email: firstname.lastname@example.org